You can now enable your podcast to appear in Google Search results along with individual episode descriptions and an embedded player for each.
In order to index a podcast, you must start by doing the following:
- Expose a valid RSS feed describing the podcast that conforms to the RSS 2.0 specifications as well as the feed requirements described below.
- The feed must contain at least one episode that conforms to the requirements given on this page.
- The podcast must have a dedicated homepage with the elements described below. The homepage must have a
<link>pointing to your RSS feed.
- The homepage, the RSS feed, and any non-blocked audio files must be exposed to Googlebot; that is, they must not require a login, and must not be protected by robots.txt or
- If you want your podcast to appear in Google Play, you should also read the Google Play Music podcast RSS feed specifications. The RSS specifications for Google Play Music and Google Search are complimentary but not identical, so if you enable support for one, you neither prevent nor enable support for the other.
Continue the steps: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/podcasts
Jason is the Founder & CEO of Ten26 Media and has more than fifteen years of experience supporting brands with digital advertising and marketing. On his downtime, you can find him exploring Colorado with his wife and dog, hanging with friends or playing football.
Latest posts by Jason J. Zotara (see all)
- An Inside Look at Ten26 Media - April 27, 2018
- Google AdWords Is Rolling Out Improved Quality Score Reporting - May 15, 2017
- Digital Advertising Spend Hits a Record $72.5 Billion in 2016 [REPORT] - April 27, 2017